Thursday, June 14, 2007

the joy of passwords

Blogger is now linked in with gmail. Apparently, this is old news, but as I am revisiting the blog world, this is new to me. In the meantime, I have managed to forget my username and password for Blogger. Is it my gmail address and password? Is it an email address at all? What password did I use? Unlike some, I have a few, but cant always keep it straight which is which. Then I think I figure it all out and for a while I get to change my password but find NO blogs in my dashboard so I have to try to resolve that. 20 hours later (or what seems like that) I figure it all out and finally get back in.

Around the same time Google Reader, my RSS reader, went all wonky and suddenly Google Reader only showed ONE feed, after I'd just added 5 to the 7 I already had. Another frustrating moment with my technology. Oh 2.0, why do you hurt me so.

There was an interesting article I found on a blog about adults using myspace, and at one point I would have been able to link to it, but I realize that is what began the debacle.

On a positive note, I found a site called GoodReads where one can leave book reviews and add their friends to their network so you can see what your friends and family are reading as well. The only drawback? There's a writing element where people can add their own original writing. This could be considered a good thing, but I'm leary of open authorship like that.

No comments: